The Bible says, “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.” (1 Timothy 4:12) Generation Church is the Youth Ministry at The House of Prayer and comprises Middle School, High School, and College & Young Professionals. We believe that young people are the future and the next generation of the Church. Our mindset is that young people are capable of serving and leading in the Kingdom of God and in our church at a young age. Thus, we provide opportunities not only to be discipled, but to lead through service.
The Youth Ministry at The House of Prayer is designed for people 6th grade-25 years old. We hold a weekly service on Wednesday nights at 7:00 for people of these ages to connect with God and each other
through passionate worship, Bible-based preaching, personal Spirit-led altar ministry, fervent prayer, and an environment conducive to building meaningful friendships. We also conduct annual age-specific retreats, Youth Camp, and a regional Youth Conference, and weekly age-specific Connect Groups. The House of Prayer also operates an internship program for leaders called Kairos that is open to older age groups within the Youth Ministry.
Generation Church is the name of the Youth Ministry at The House of Prayer. The Bible gives many examples of young people that changed the world for God and served Him in their generation – Samuel, David, Daniel, and Timothy to list a few.Our VISION is the same as that of our entire church, because we are a part of the church and we believe that young people can take an active leadership role in the Kingdom of God just like any adult.Following are some of the ways that we minister to young people throughout the year:
• Generation Church: Weekly church service held on Wednesdays from 7:00-8:30.
• Connect Groups: Age-Specific small groups that meet in homes at various times throughout the week.• Outreach Events: Opportunities to impact our community with the love of Jesus.
• Generation Camp: An annual camp with a spiritually intense focus.
• Generation Conference: An annual regional youth conference with a spiritually intense focus.
• GC Retreats: Annual age-specific retreat with a spiritually intense focus, but much shorter than Generation Camp.
For more information on Generation Church Ministries, please contact the church office via email at email@example.com.