The Great Commission states, “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you…” (Matthew (28:18-20) We take this the words of Jesus very seriously and see it as our mission to fulfill these words as individuals and as a corporate church body. We believe in the local church and planting other local churches because they are the body of Christ.
From the early days of our church, we have reached out to our community. Thus, God established The House of Prayer. From there, God gave us the opportunity to establish numerous churches all around our region and as far north as Boston, MA. We have planted numerous churches around the Richmond Metropolitan Area and we have many churches along the East Coast that look to this church as home. God also blessed us early in the life of this church to plant churches and schools oversees. Thus, we planted our
first international church in Bavaria, the southern region of Germany. That was the start of a comprehensive world missions strategy to plant churches and schools on other continents. We have been so blessed and privileged to reach our own “Judea, Samaria, and the utter ends of the earth” with the
Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The Missions Ministry at The House of Prayer meets weekly to train, pray, discuss, and plan upcoming outreach opportunities both here and abroad. We are always looking to encourage people to take a more
active role in missions personally and experience and engage in ministry domestically and internationally.
The House of Prayer Missions Ministry Purpose:
1. To extend the heart and hand of God through The House of Prayer to lost.
2. To train and equip the believer in effectively sharing their faith.
3. To fulfill the vision of The House of Prayer in partnering with believers around the world in spreading the gospel.
4. To cultivate and highlight the multitude of cultures represented in the House of Prayer.
5. The ministry has four geographical areas of focus – local, regional, national and global.
Our International Missions effort emphasizes three main areas:
1. Missions through indigenous local churches,
2. Bible schools to train National pastors and workers,
3. Missionaries are attached to a local church at home as a covering and for accountability.
To find out more about our Missions Ministry please contact the church by email, email@example.com or phone, (804)796-2828.